What Makes Grey Kitchen Cabinets Trendy?
While white and black kitchen cabinets are timeless classics, grey kitchen cabinets have a unique position. White cabinets are bright and airy, while black cabinets are sophisticated and bold. However, grey cabinets can bring the best of the two worlds together. The right shade of grey can bring beauty and luxury into a kitchen that other colors can't usually achieve. Lighter shades of grey kitchen cabinets can make small kitchens appear bigger. On the other hand, darker shades of grey cabinets can be used to make bold statements and define your kitchen area better.
- Beautiful and Versatile:Grey kitchen cabinets come in many different hues. Since grey is a mixture of white and black, you will find one balanced enough to fit your color palette. Lighter shades of grey can brighten up smaller kitchens since they reflect the light more. Dark shades of grey can add sophistication and elegance and help you create your dream kitchen.
- Easy to Match:Since grey is a neutral tone, grey kitchen cabinets can virtually be paired and matched with almost every color. No matter which colors your countertops or backsplashes are, there indeed is a tone of grey that fits perfectly.
- Easy to Maintain:Grey kitchen cabinets are easy to clean and maintain. We all know how popular white kitchen cabinets are and how much dirt they can show. Grey kitchen cabinets hide dirt, giving your kitchen a clean look. With regular cleaning, they will keep their beauty for a long time.
- Timeless Classic:Grey kitchen cabinets have been used for a long time. However, their popularity has increased in recent years. They work well with almost every kitchen style out there. So whether you prefer a traditional kitchen or a sleek and contemporary one, grey kitchen cabinets will help you build your dream kitchen. You can be sure that they will never go out of style.
Which Shade of Grey is Best for Kitchen Cabinets?
Since grey is a neutral tone made by mixing black and white, there are endless shades of grey. So let's say you've decided to get grey kitchen cabinets; choosing the right hue can be confusing. Don't be afraid; once you know the basics, you'll be able to pick the right shade in no time.
- Size:First of all, you should consider the size of your kitchen. If you have a small kitchen or lack natural light, picking lighter shades of grey will significantly help. Light grey cabinets make your kitchen appear bigger than it already is by reflecting the light more. If you have a large kitchen, darker shades can help a lot with your décor. They set the tone of your kitchen while complementing other colors.
- Personal preferences: Since the color grey is versatile, it can easily fit into any color palette. After all, it's your kitchen, so your personal preferences matter the most. If a particular hue appears to match the rest of your color palette, you should go with it.
- Design:It is always a good idea to have an overall design for your kitchen before making a purchase. Matching the color of your grey cabinets with your appliances and accessories will create a beautiful-looking kitchen.
Tips for Decorating with Grey Kitchen Cabinets
As we've mentioned earlier, grey kitchen cabinets are quite trendy nowadays. However, that doesn't mean they look good in any kitchen setting. Selecting the right style of cabinets and color is extremely important. Thanks to the versatility of the color grey, your kitchen cabinets will easily fit in the rest of your kitchen décor. Here are some tips to help you with a gorgeous-looking kitchen with grey kitchen cabinets.
- Deciding on your kitchen's style and overall color palette should always come first. Whether you prefer a traditional style with beautifully ornamented handles or a minimalistic contemporary look, grey kitchen cabinets will fit right in.
- Modern and contemporary styles tend to overdo the minimalist looks. Even if you are going for a minimalist look, try to avoid using the same color for everything.
- Light grey kitchen cabinets work especially great with traditional-style kitchens. Other neutral tones, such as wood and beiges, are always amazing options.
- Consider pairing your dark-tone grey cabinets with white countertops. The contrast will add visual interest to your kitchen. This way, your countertops will stand out more, creating a beautiful and complete look.
- Don't be afraid to use warm colors with your grey kitchen cabinets. Your cabinets will help the warm colors pop more, resulting in a cozy environment for your kitchen.
- Since grey is a neutral color, adding bold and brighter colors to your kitchen can help create an aesthetically pleasing kitchen. Your grey kitchen cabinets will tie all the other colors together, creating a seamless look.
+Are grey kitchen cabinets a good idea?
Definitely yes! Grey kitchen cabinets are timeless classics and will never go out of style. You can easily pair them with every color to create beautiful kitchen areas.
+Is light grey food for kitchen cabinets?
Light grey kitchen cabinets are the perfect option for creating sleek and modern looks for your kitchen. They can also be used in traditional-style kitchens. The light color is also great for making smaller kitchens appear larger.
+Is grey a good color choice for a kitchen?
Grey color palettes have been gaining popularity among homeowners and interior designers recently. People often think the color grey is too cold and lifeless. However, the right shade of grey can work wonders for your kitchen.